Department of Atmospheric Science
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO, 80523
thomas 'at' atmos.colostate.edu
brief CV (or long version as pdf):
- MSc 1999, Physics (Diplomphysiker, University of Leipzig, Germany), Supervisor: Ulrich Behn
- PhD 2003, Atmospheric Science (Dr. rer. nat., Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany), Supervisors: Andreas Dörnbrack and Ulrich Schumann
- PostDoc 2003-2004, Department of Meteorology, University of Reading, Reading, U.K., Supervisors: John Thuburn and George Craig
- PostDoc 2004-2008, Department of Physics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, Supervisors: Ted Shepherd and Norm McFarlane
- Assistant Professor 2009-2015, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, U.S.
- Associate Professor 2015-now, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, U.S.
some personal facts:
- German citizen, born in Leipzig, (East)Germany
- married, four children: Luise (born 05/2006), Charlotte, Leopold and Benjamin (born 02/2008, you do the math ...)
- guitarist, drummer